Monday, April 21, 2008

Shout Outs

I have a couple of shout outs today.

First to PK from Foxboro for finishing her first marathon. Her perseverance, diligence, and discipline in training for this event inspire me, if not to do a marathon then to at least take on a physical or mental challenge and see it through to the end. And though I don't know her marathon partners, DT and WN, I applaud them, too. These three remarkable women crossed the finish line within moments of each other.

Another shout out to PV who also ran a fantastic race. His running partner was unable to join him because of an injury and he had to endure the whole 26.2 by himself. I guess a shout out to Apple is due here for the invention of the iPod!

And to all the Wamps and Bettys. I have run with this incredible group of people twice so far and I can tell you they are one of the most supportive, encouraging, and friendly group of runners you could hook yourself up with.

Finally, to SF for getting out there and putting her run together--a few steps, a few steps there. It will all add up. Walking or running, that's how you do it. Just ask my super-inspirational friend KR from Sudbury!

No comments: