Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thanks!


To everyone who came out and joined me in my little celebration, thank you so much! It has been an amazing year in which I learned how strong I can be when I need to be, how supportive and wonderful my friends are, how strangers can make a difference in your life, and how incredible, fantastic, wonderful, magnificent, wonderful, marvelous, formidable, terrific--you get the idea--my family is.

It was very special and meaningful to share my one year celebration with my family and friends, but just as important, several people used the event as an excuse to increase their activity and for that I am thankful. I'm on a mission, you know.

And so now I'm on to the next challenge. I'm looking for some women to join me and my pals at the Tufts 10K on October 13. You can run or walk or run/walk it, but I promise you'll be moved! So let me know if you're interested.

As for the picture above, starting from the back row left, going clockwise: me, the J-Man, Double D, my mom and dad, my sister Phyllis, my nephew Carlton, and my sister Sandy. Now why do those two sisters look so alike, you wonder? Those two are actually part of a threesome--yep, triplets. From back before it was fashionable. Sandy made the shirts. They have a heart that connects to an ICD. And some of us are wearing "Not Dead Yet" buttons from Spamalot.

No comments: